The Scholarship Committee is composed of members appointed by the Executive Board at the beginning of the year. The committee establishes the deadline for and publicizes opportunities to apply for scholarships. See Awards Granted for past winners and their reports.
2019 Conference Scholarship
Application deadline: May 6, 2019
Announcement of winners: May 12, 2019
The Suncoast Information Specialists are accepting applications for one student or library staff member to attend any professional library conference of their choice in 2019, including, but not limited to: FLA, ALA, PLA, SLA, ACRL, etc. The maximum amount of the award is $250, to be distributed following the conference after the SIS Scholarship Committee receives an expense report and follow-up essay from the grant recipient.
- Student Applicants must be enrolled in a Master’s program (or recently graduated with a Master’s degree in 2018) at either the University of South Florida or Florida State University.
- All staff (Librarians and Paraprofessionals) employed in a Florida Library. Engaged librarians in the profession, but not currently employed in a library, are eligible.
- Applicants must be members of Suncoast Information Specialists, (http://www.suninfospec.org/membership).
- Fill out online application which includes an essay.
- The successful grant recipient will share their experiences at the conference with fellow SIS members by writing conference report.
- The Grant Recipient will submit an expense report following the conference for reimbursement up to $250.
- Deadline for submission is May 6, 2019.
- Winners will be notified on May 12, 2019.
If you have any additional questions, please contact the SIS Scholarship Committee Chair, Hal Harmon: email@example.com