Keep up at SiS on our list!
Subscribe, unsubscribe or change options: http://mailman.it.usf.edu/mailman/listinfo/sis-l
Post messages: firstname.lastname@example.org (must be a subscriber in order to post)
SIS-L is for librarians and information specialists in the Tampa Bay area. It is intended to be the official electronic list of the Suncoast Information Specialists (SIS) organization and to enhance communication among librarians and information specialists in the area, providing an electronic medium to promote regional library-related activities and networking. This is an un-moderated discussion list and open to everyone. We encourage all our members to join (and participate), You do not have to be a member of SIS to join our list. SIS-L is sponsored by University of South Florida School of Information (USF-SI), and is hosted on USF’s Mailman server.
Subscribing to SIS-L
Subscribe to SIS-L by completing the form at http://mailman.it.usf.edu/mailman/listinfo/sis-l. You will be sent an email requesting confirmation, to prevent others from gratuitously subscribing you. This is a private list, which means that the list of members is not available to non-members.
A few things to keep in mind:
- You may wish to keep the default setting for single-message delivery, as SIS-L is typically not that active.
- You may subscribe with more than one email address, i.e. personal as well as work.
- Please enter your “real name” where it says, Your name (optional), so that everyone can identify you when you post a message.
- You will receive a confirmation email with a link to click to complete your subscription process. Thereafter, you will receive periodic password reminders, instructions for changing your options, etc. You may disable these reminders, if you wish.
Posting to SIS-L
- To post a message to all the list members, send email to email@example.com.
- Items posted should be of interest to librarians and information specialists in the Tampa Bay region and across the state of Florida. Postings from non-members will be held for review before being sent out to subscribers.
To see the collection of prior postings to the list, visit the SIS-L Archives.
To see the subscriber list, unsubscribe from SIS-L, get a password reminder, or change your subscription options, log onto your account at http://mailman.it.usf.edu/mailman/listinfo/sis-l
If you have problems or questions, please contact the Listowner at firstname.lastname@example.org
SIS thanks Tampa Bay Library Consortium (TBLC) for hosting SIS-L from February 1998 to July 2010. Our appreciation also to Lana Brand, Communication and Information Officer, USF-SI, for facilitating the migration of SIS-L to USF in December 2011.