Meetings are held every 2 months at various locations in the Tampa Bay area.
- April 22, 2017. Dade City. Pioneer Florida Museum and Village.
- February 22, 2017, John F. Germany Public Library, Tampa. Speaker Bill Harris. Genealogy Training for Library Staff.
- December 13, 2016, Hofbrauhaus, St. Petersburg. Holiday social.
- October 14, 2016, Robert W. Saunders, Sr. Public Library, SIS 30th Anniversary Celebration
- August 23, 2016, St. Petersburg Public Library, Brooke Stewart and the MacDill Puppy Raisers
- June 17, 2016, Dunedin Public Library
- April 25, 2016, SouthShore Regional Library, Speaker David Thomas. Digital Humanities: Exciting Tools for Discovery
- February 15, 2016, USF Tampa Library. Wikipedia
- December 10, 2015, Holiday Dinner, Carmel Kitchen & Wine Bar, Tampa
- October 20, 2015, Robert W. Saunders, Sr. Public Library. Speaker Stacey Jurewicz. Libraries: Community Engagement, Partnerships, and Grants
- August 31, 2015, Largo Public Library. Speaker David Ellis on Copyright.
- June 13, 2015, Clearwater Main Public Library, Clearwater, FL
- April 14, 2015, Gulf Gate Public Library, Sarasota, FL.
- February 23, 2015, Palm Harbor Library, Palm Harbor, FL
- December 11, 2014, SIS/TaBaMLN Holiday Mixer, Revelry Pub and Grill, Sarasota, FL
- September 27, 2014, Bok Tower Gardens, Lake Wales, FL
- August 5, 2014, Seminole Heights Branch Library, Tampa. E-learning, technology, and the job market for Information Specialists, Educators, and Information Technology Specialists.
- June 17, 2014, SouthShore Regional Library, Technology Roadshow.
- April 29, 2014, USGS, St. Petersburg.
- February 26, 2014, North Tampa Public Library
- December 5, 2013, The Hangar Restaurant & Flight Lounge. St. Petersburg, Holiday Dinner Social.
- October 1, 2013, West Tampa Public Library. Round table discussion about resumes, interviews, networking.
- August 19, 2013, Monday, Temple Terrace Public Library.
- June 15, 2013, Saturday, Heritage Village, Largo. Speaker Jim Schnur. History of Heritage Village and archives.
- April 25, 2013, Thursday, Palmetto Branch Library. Laurie Bates-Weir talked about Wanting What You Can’t Have: Independent Scholars, Information Vagabonds, and Inaccessible Information.
- February 2, 2013, Saturday, Ringling Museum of Art Library, Sarasota. The Fantastic Challenges of Librarianship: Digital Solutions panel discussion by Mēgan Oliver, Gail Donovan, and Sarah Norris.
- December 11, 2012, Tuesday -SIS/CFALL Holiday Dinner Social, Bungalow Restaurant, Tampa.
- October 24, 2012, Wednesday - Port Tampa PL. Elections. Andrew Breidenbaugh,
Chief Librarian in the THPL System, spoke about Library Informational Partnerships with Local
- August 18, 2012, Saturday - Mote Marine Laboratory & Aquarium. Sue Stover, Director of the
Arthur Vining Davis Library along with other Mote staff, discussed the Research Library's Special Environmental Collections and give a tour.
- June 27, 2012 - CANCELLED. Town 'N Country Regional Public Library, Tampa. eBooks: What's Hot, What's Not. Sue Polanka, a Library Journal 2011 Mover and Shaker for her work with e-books, reviews the latest information on ebook trends, via Skype.
- April 2, 2012, Privatization of Public Libraries.
The panel discussion with Sarabeth Kalajian, General Manager of the
Sarasota County Library System and Ed Kilroy, Former Director of the
Osceola County Library System.
- February 18, 2012, New College, Sarasota. The speaker Gene Coppola (Director: Palm Harbor Library) gave a presentation on "Florida Library Leadership Today".
- December 1, 2011 - SIS/CFALL Holiday Dinner Social, Red Mesa Cantina, St. Petersburg.
- October 14, 2011 - 25th anniversary celebration.
- August 17, 2011 - J.F. Germany Public Library, downtown Tampa. SIS Roundtable Discussion: Changing Technologies, Services and Our Libraries. Recaps by SIS members of recent presentations.
- June 11, 2011 - Saturday lunch at Mattison's Riverside, Bradenton. Speaker Matt Woodside, Director of Exhibits and Collections at South Florida Museum, and tour of South Florida Museum
- April 14, 2011 - Canterbury School, St. Petersburg. "The School Library Media Center in the Private School" Speakers Linda Garrison and Ramsey Jones.
- February 15, 2011 - CAE, Tampa. Google Apps. Speakers Jessica Riggins, Betsy King, Al Carlson, Diana Silveira.
- December 9,.2010 - SIS/CFALL Holiday Dinner Social, CBD's Southside Italian Restaurant and Bar, Tampa
- October 11, 2010 - Jan Platt Public Library, Tampa. Speaker Drew Smith and the 2010 IFLA Conference in Gothenburg, Sweden.
- August 7, 2010 - Saturday brunch and program in Sarasota at the John and Mable Ringling Museum of Art. Program by Linda McKee, head librarian at the John and Mable Ringling Museum of Art Library.
- June 23, 2010 - Tour and Talk with News Researcher Carolyn Edds of the St. Petersburg Times and Dinner at The Hanger.
- April 14, 2010 - Picadilly Cafe, Tampa. Teen Services in Pasco County. Speaker Paul Stonebridge. Minutes.
- March 3, 2010 - CAE, Tampa. Speaker Jessica Voss, Communication and Information Officer at the USF School of Library and Information Science. "The New Way to Market Yourself - How to Utilize Blogs, Podcasting, Viral Marketing and Online Media."
- December 7, 2009 - Columbia Cafe, Florida History Museum, Tampa. Joint SIS/CFALL Holiday Mixer.
- October 13, 2009 - Stetson Univ College of Law, Gulfport Campus. "Technology Petting Zoo."
- August 18, 2009 - Tour of Ringling Museum of Art Library, with Librarian Linda McKee, Sarasota, FL
- June 17, 2009 - Florida Orchestra, St. Petersburg. "From the Page to the Stage". Speaker Ella M. Fredrickson, Principle Librarian, Florida Orchestra
- April 29, 2009 - Florida History Museum, Columbia Cafe, Tampa. "Exploring Electronic Collections, License Agreements and Negotiations." Speaker Monica Metz-Wiseman, Coordinator of Electronic Collections at USF libraries.
- February 26, 2009 - CAE, Tampa. Speakers Alicia Ellison and Judy Nolasco. "Thanks for This Assignment - A Research Paper Students (Eventually) Love."
- December 8, 2008 - Habana Cafe, Gulfport. Joint SIS / CFALL Holiday Mixer.
- October 28, 2008 - Piccadilly Cafeteria, Tampa. Speaker: Alan Nichter. "Book Talks to Young Adults."
- August 27, 2008 - Tampa Theatre, Tampa Florida. Special screening of movie "Hollywood Librarian.
- June 24, 2008 - Stetson Univ. College of Law, Tampa Campus. "Legal Research." Speakers Jessica Zairo and Wanita Scroggs.
- April 17, 2008 - Panera, Largo. Speaker: Gary Mormino.
- February 26, 2008 - CAE, Tampa. "Print-On-Demand Publishing." Speaker: Ken Kister, Librarian and author.
- December 3, 2007 - Trang Viet Cuisine, Tampa. Joint SIS CFALL Holiday Mixer.
- October 21, 2007 - CAE, Tampa. "MedlinePlus - the best kept secret at NLM." Speaker Karen Keene, USF Shimberg Health Sciences Library.
- August 23, 2007 - Columbia Restaurant, Tampa. "From Archivist to Author: Writing the Columbia Restaurant�s Centennial Cookbook." Speaker: Andrew Huse, Assistant Librarian, USF, Tampa Library
- June 4, 2007 - Stetson University College of Law Library, Gulfport. "Special Collections Librarianship and the Fine Arts." Speaker: Keli Rylance, Assistant Librarian, USF Tampa Library
- April 25, 2007 - Piccadilly Cafeteria, St. Petersburg. "10 Books Every Floridian Should Read." Speaker Jeff Klinkenberg, St. Petersburg Times reporter.
- February 8, 2007 - CAE, Tampa. "Web 2.0: Its all about YOU." Speaker: Diane Sachs-Silveira, Virtual Reference Manager at TBLC.
- December 6, 2006 - Ceviche Restaurant in St. Petersburg. Dutch Treat dinner and elections.
- October 9, 2006 - Stetson Univ. College of Law, Tampa Campus, 20th Anniversary Reception
- August 7,2006 - Piccadilly Cafeteria, St. Petersburg, Nora Everlove.
- June 8, 2006 - Habana Cafe, Gulfport, Dutch treat and book swap.
- April 5, 2006 - Panera, Clearwater. RSS Feeds, presented by Shirl Kennedy.
- February 7, 2006 - Stetson Univ. College of Law, Tampa Campus. Rare book dealer John Shevock.
- December 14, 2005 - Safety Harbor Public Library, Altered Books demonstration.
- October 5, 2005 - CAE, Tampa. Current Issues in IT Systems Security, speaker Dr. Bruce Judd.
- August 12, 2005 - Panera, Clearwater. "The Power of Literature," with guest speaker Dr. Speaker Joan F. Kaywell.
- June 2, 2005 - Viva la Frida's, Tampa. Dutch Treat Dinner and summer reading book swap.
- April 6, 2005 - ebistros.com restaurant, Pinellas Park. Living With Terrorism, presented by Steve Collins Purl.
- February 23, 2005 - Stetson Univ. College of Law, Tampa Campus. "Advocating for Public Access to Legal Resources." Guest speaker was Rebecca Frank, director of the Pinellas County Law Library.
- December 9. 2004 - Stetson University College of Law, Gulfport. "Library Management Roundtable."
- October 6, 2004 - Berkeley Prep, Tampa. "What Else Can You Do with a Library Degree?"
- August 12, 2004 - Networking dinner, Cancelled due to Hurricane Charley
- June 16, 2004 - CAE, Tampa. "Professional Publishing." Panel discussion.
- April 8, 2004 - USF, Alice G. Smith Lecture.
- February 11, 2004 - Jan Platt Branch, Tampa Hillsborough Public Library. One Community, One Book project.
- December 8, 2003 - Pinellas Park Public Library.
- October 14, 2003 - Florida Mental Health Institute, Tampa. Dinner.
- August 7, 2003 - Safety Harbor Public Library. "Library services for the deaf." Dinner.
- June 9, 2003 - CAE. TBLC projects - Florida Virtual Reference Project, and Anywhere-Anytime Library
- April 7, 2003 - Eckerd College. "Why Marketing and Mentoring Matters!" presented by Anita Lindsay.
- February 20, 2003 - McDill AFB, hosted by Kathy Kaldenberg. Speaker Jay Hines, Historian for U.S. Central Command, discussed his role as historian.
- December 4, 2002 - Picadilly Cafeteria, St. Petersburg, dinner. Speaker Lynn Carol Henderson, storyteller.
- October 8, 2002 - St. Peterburg College, Seminole. Dinner. Election.
- August 7, 2002 - Hill, Ward & Henderson, Law Firm, Tampa. Lunch. Speaker Cary Kenney: "Recent Trends in Online News Delivery."
- June 5, 2002 - Picadilly Cafeteria, St. Petersburg, dinner. Speaker Patsy Shipp Lieb, author.
- April, 4, 2002 - CAE, Tampa. Dinner, sponsored by Dialog
- February 26, 2002 - Bennigans, St. Petersburg. Dutch treat dinner
- December 5, 2001 - Berkeley Preparatory School, Tampa. Dinner
- October 3, 2001 - USF Tampa Campus Library. Joint meeting with CFALL and USF SLA/ALA Student Chapters. Lunch.
- August 22, 2001 - USF Bayboro Campus library, St. Petersburg. Lunch.
- June 6, 2001- CAE, Tampa. Dinner, sponsored by Lexis-Nexis
- April 5, 2001 - Hops Restaurant & Brewery, Tampa. Dutch treat dinner
- February 21, 2001. Stetson College of Law, St. Petersburg. Lunch.
- December - BAE Systems, Tampa. Dinner.
- October 5, 2000 - Pinellas Public Library Cooperative: Talking Book Library
- August 2, 2000 - Dinner at Rio Bravo, Tampa
- June 7, 2000 - lunch at Sweet Tomatoes, tour of Heritage Village, Largo
- April 5, 2000 - Tampa Hillsborough Public Library, Tampa. This was a joint meeting the Central Florida Association of Law Librarians - CFALL. Bill Raddatz from Pro Vise Management Group, Inc., an SEC Registered Investment Advisor, spoke on financial planning. Lunch.
- February 9, 2000 - Morton Plant Hospital, Clearwater, hosted by Karen Roth. The SLA video on marketing the library, entitled "Selling the Invisible," was shown. Dinner.
- December 2, 1999 - Tampa Bay Library Consortium, Tampa. TBLC staff discussed the mission, services and focus of the Consortium
- October 6, 1999 - Paradyne Corp, Largo. CD McLean and Teresa Burress gave presentation on web site development (hosted by CD McLean)
- August 2, 1999 - Raytheon, luncheon. Speaker from Road-Runner cable internet (hosted by Sue Weiss)
- May 18, 1999 - Tampa Hillsborough Public Library with catered dinner, program by John Iliff - John's electronic handouts: http://www.mylibrarian.com
- April, 1999 - Time, Inc, with dinner at Ruby Tuesday's (hosted by Liz Bumgarner).
- February 1, 1999 - Stetson University College of Law. Lunch
- December 7, 1998 - St. Pete JC Seminole Campus. Workshop and tour. Lunch
- Juvenile Welfare Board Library, Pinellas Park: Dr. R.J. Doody, "Enneagram"
- American College of Physician Executives (ACPE), Tampa
- St. Petersburg Times, St. Petersburg
- Reflectone, Tampa
- Joint Meeting with ASIS at USF: Dr. James Carey, "Human Communication and Information Processes"
- Dinner Meeting, Bombay Bicycle Club, Clearwater: Ebsco representatives, Melissa Howard and Chuck Leachman
- Pinellas Center for the Visually Impaired, Largo
- Tour of new Poynter Memorial Library, University of South Florida at St. Pete
- Science Library at MOSI, Tampa
- Dinner meeting, Valencia Gardens Restaurant, Tampa: Harriet Tompkins, "The Perils of Downsizing"
- SPJC Allstate Center Criminal Justice Library, St. Petersburg
- Dinner meeting, West Shore Steak & Ale, Tampa: Ken Kister, "Electronic Reference Sources"
- Lunch meeting, Chi Chi's Restaurant, Pinellas Park: Marilyn Mulla, "SCFN"
- Annual Meeting of ASIS, FMHI, USF, Tampa: speakers on GIS
- All Children's Hospital, St. Petersburg
- Channel 13 WTVT, Tampa
- Commerce Clearinghouse, St. Petersburg
- Dinner Meeting, Red Lobster, Tampa: Dr. Joseph Ponds, "A Short Course for a Short Memory"
- Florida Power, St. Petersburg
- Lamalie Amrop International, Tampa
- Center for Applied Engineering, St. Petersburg: John Newton, DataTimes "new features of DataTimes"
- 10th Anniversary of SIS at USF: Guy Sinclair, "Power and Influence: Enhancing Information Services with the Parent Organization"
- Dinner meeting, Radisson Bay Harbor Inn, Tampa
- TBLC, Tampa: Solinet speaker
- AT&T Paradyne, Largo
- Price Waterhouse, Tampa
- Dinner meeting, Tampa Bay Conference Center, Largo
- Stetson College of Law, Gulfport, "Courtroom visit"
- Dinner meeting Red Lobster, Tampa: Tom Kennedy, "Hurricane Watch"