May 1, 2013. SIS has awarded 4 student scholarships to attend the 2013 Florida Library Association Annual Conference. This year's winners are Students (pictured below): Roxana Grinov, USF, Marisa Meale, USF, Jessica Szempruch, USF and Aileen Valdes, USF. Aileen was not able to attend the conference. Congratulations to all four recipients.
2013 Scholarship Winner Reports
Jessica Szempruch 2013 Report
Roxana Grinov 2013 Report
Marisa Meale 2013 Report
FLA Conference Scholarship
Suncoast Information Specialists
Call for Applications
Scholarships to Attend 2013 FLA Conference
May 1-3, 2013
Application deadline: March 1, 2013
Announcement of winners: March 10, 2013
Suncoast Information Specialists is accepting applications for two student and two librarian/staff scholarships to attend the 2013 Florida Library Association Conference
at Hilton Orlando, Florida.
The maximum amount of the award is $150.
Librarian/Staff & Student Requirements
- Student Applicants must be enrolled in a Master’s program in Library Science at an ALA accredited institution in the state of Florida.
- Librarian or Staff Applicants must be employed in a Florida Library.
- Applicants must be members of Suncoast Information Specialists, or obtain membership at the time of submission. (http://www.suninfospec.org/membership)
- Successful grant recipients will share their experiences at the conference with fellow SIS members by writing an article for the bi-monthly SIS newsletter.
- Grant Recipients will submit an expense report following the conference for reimbursement up to $150.
- Please submit application online
- Deadline for submission is March 1, 2013.
- Winners will be notified on March 10, 2013.
If you have any additional questions, please contact the SIS Scholarship Committee Chair, Jessica Riggins at email@example.com