April 15, 2011. SIS has awarded 3 student scholarships to attend the Florida Library Association Annual Conference in May. This year's winners are Lana Brand, Bill Harris and Alicia K. Long. Congratulations to all three students.
1st photo: Lana Brand is on the far left, Ann Marie Maloney (SIS Scholarship Winner 2009), Bill Harris, Caroline Reed, and Alicia Long.
2nd photo: Bill Harris, Lana Brand, Alicia Long.
These students have written reports about their experience.
Alicia Long. report
Bill Harris. report
Lana Brand. report
Call for Applications: Student Scholarships
2011 Florida Library Association Conference:
May 4th - 6th, 2011
The Suncoast Information Specialists is accepting applications for three student scholarships to attend the 2011 Florida Library Association Conference at the Doubletree, Orlando, Florida. The maximum amount of the award is $150.
Application deadline: April 1, 2011
Announcement of winners: April 11, 2011
Student Eligibility and Requirements
- Applicants must be enrolled in a Master's program in Library Science at an ALA accredited institution in the state of Florida.
- Applicants must be members of the Suncoast Information Specialists, or must obtain membership at the time of submission.
SIS Membership Form: http://www.suninfospec.org/membership
- Successful grant recipients will share their experiences at the Conference with fellow SIS members by writing a brief article for the bi-monthly SIS newsletter.
Download Application Form
- Please submit application to firstname.lastname@example.org. See the Application Form for specific details.
- Include a short essay that addresses a) the motivation for your current career path, and your professional expectations, and b) how attending the Florida Libraries Association Conference will benefit your career.
- Deadline for submission is April 1, 2011.
- Winners will be notified on April 11, 2011.
If you have any additional questions, please contact the SIS Scholarship Committee Chair, Caroline Reed, at email@example.com.