March 10, 2010. SIS has awarded 3 student scholarships to attend the Florida Library Association Annual Conference in April. This year's winners are Jessica Davis
, Anne Larrivee
and Liz Gray
. Bill Harris
obtained alternate support to attend the conference, and has graciously declined the SIS grant.Therefore SIS was able to extend the grant to another applicant. Congratulations to Jessica, Bill, Anne and Liz.
Call for Applications: Student Scholarships
2010 Florida Library Association Conference:
April 7 - 9, 2010
The Suncoast Information Specialists is accepting applications for three student scholarships to attend the 2010 Florida Library Association Conference at the Rosen Plaza Hotel, Orlando, Florida. The maximum amount of the award is $150.
Application deadline: March 1, 2010
Announcement of winners: March 10, 2010
Student Eligibility and Requirements
- Applicants must be enrolled in a Master's program in Library Science at an ALA accredited institution in the state of Florida.
- Applicants must be members of the Suncoast Information Specialists, or must obtain membership at the time of submission.
- Successful grant recipients will share their experiences at the Conference with fellow SIS members by writing a brief article for the bi-monthly SIS newsletter.
Download Application Form
- Please submit application form to firstname.lastname@example.org. See the Application Form for specific details.
- Include a short essay that addresses a) the motivation for your current career path, and your professional expectations, and b) how attending the Florida Libraries Association Conference will benefit your career.
- Deadline for submission is March 1, 2010.
- Applications will be judged by the Scholarship committee.
If you have any additional questions, please contact the SIS Scholarship Administrator, Caroline Reed at Creed@ncf.edu.